What: The Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit (FSCONS) is a yearly conference focusing on areas of technology, society and culture. The conference is a grass-roots event that encourages networking and dialogue, and everyone is invited to participate in the work.
When: 9-11th of November 2012 (some events might happen in the week leading up to the conference)
Getting involved: Please get in touch with one of the organisers, either directly or by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We need people for everything, organising the conference (see below), or participating as staff during the conference days. Get in touch, and we'll guide you!
Organisers and structure
For each year, a team of organisers is formed, consisting of people that work during the year to organise the conference (if you want to help out, see "Getting involved" above!).
The organisers do their work within a number of aspects of the conference which they either coordinate the work in, or participate in. Organisers meet roughly every 2-3 weeks and when needed through mailing lists to discuss topics that are common to more than one aspect of the conference.
Ideas for FSCONS 2013
On the page FSCONS 2012 Ideas, surprisingly enough, improvement ideas for FSCONS 2013 are collected.
First meeting Monday March 12, 2012
- We'll meet for the first planning meeting on Monday March 12, 2012, at Room "Grupprum 1" in the student union building "Kårhuset" at Chalmers Johanneberg at 17.00--19.00.
- 31st of May
- Deadline for budget requests
- 1st of July
- End of the CFP
- 1st of August
- deadline for talk acceptance/rejection decision
- 31st of August
- deadline for abstracts/schedule
- Middle of September
- trackmanagers have all details for their speakers available
Program and tracks
- Decentralising Society (Stian)
- Embeddded systems (Jeremiah Foster (hesa))
- FS Feminism (Serengeti)
- General Purpose Computing (fsfe)
- Legal (Ljo)
- Open security (klondike + OWASP gbg)
- Wikimedia (Holger)
Sponsorship page: http://wiki.fscons.org/page/Sponsors_Aspect_2012
Drop whatever ideas you have here, including for speakers and topics.
Please read our FSCONS Manifesto.