FSCONS 2012 Ideas
From FSCONS wiki
Ideas I have collected from the last minute interview:
- We need to improve timing constraints to ensure the schedules are know well in advance so planning rooms and hardware team schedules is easier.
- Inventariate hardware so it is possible to know what is needed well in advance
- Conference and hardware team managers need better organization to ensure propper sleeping times
- People taking two turns or more should have right to lunch and dinner
- We need to do something to improve the problem with children crying on the lectures
- Try to improve the babyroom to be a daycare? -- klondike
- Try to make our own competitions:
- Best free photo/video
- Short histories
- Try to improve the software on the bar cashier so it is possible to keep an inventory
- Take into account how many of each drink type we have by assigning an item for each
- Add a "staff lunch" discount so staff food passes by the cashier
- Reduce equipment size on the social area
- Set up a small PA on the cafe
- Synchronize both PAs
- Try to get propper stream+recording equipment.
- Combine hardware cameramen with room hosts? -- Maybe not a good idea some are shy
- DC server so people can try to share ideas over the chat and photos or videos over the P2P system
- Have a volunteer (or two) actively asking for comments to participants the last day
We also got heads up on the staff room and the baby room and should consider keeping them.
- Next year we could leave the security track to the interested guys at OWASP? I'd like to handle also a Gentoo miniconference
- We may want a second storage room key.
- Peak viewers of streams 7 <--- need better publicity and a dedicated party.
- The change from open microphone to round table worked really welll.