Sixth planning meeting 2012

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting
Org Meeting
Date:2012-05-18
Time:17:30
Place:CTH Johanneberg — EDIT-room


Agenda

  • Organization
    • todos
    • Mailing list
    • Routines for invitations to meetings - how/who/where?
    • timeline
      • deadlines for track organizers
  • Date and place for FSCONS 2012
    • Date: the 9/10/11 November have been proposed
      • Should the conference be on 4 days (with a keynote on Thursday) like in 2011?
    • Venue: the workshops at Språkbanken and the ITU for the main event.
      • Deadline for the answer? (at most the same date as last year) We now have a positive confirmation for itu.--Ljo 14:40, 18 May 2012 (CEST)
      • Designation of a contact person for the venue. LJO assigned Mathias Klang to be this contact person.
  • Survey - what is the purpose and how will it be used? How are the results used today?
    • Discussion lead by Nahid
  • Keynote speaker
  • Tracks
    • what tracks do we have?
    • any incoming proposals
  • Social event: Berg211 inquiry about dates and booking
  • CFP last minute comments
  • Other questions
  • Next meeting?

Summary

  • DECISION: Organisation: The managers as decided May 18th, Grégoire and Leif-Jöran, which prepare and follow up overall items suggested to have a permanent presidium whenever possible to make the meetings coherent.
    • The tasklists prepared in their management meeting from the previous five meetings will be put into the wiki and at later meetings be kept in sync after each meeting.
    • Sign items by resonsible person in agenda.
    • Written proposals are preferred.
  • DECISION: Mailinglists, old lists are deleted, New organisation is now created. Who else needs one? TODO: Hardware needs a list for their aspect (User:Grégoire)
  • DECISION: Timeline: Tickets sale should start August 1st.
    • Discussionon potentially have money back guarantee. Though a fixed number of cheap tickets has shown to be best incentive for early registration yet.
  • DECISION: Dates are set as previously discussed 9-10-11 of November. Potentially an evening session on the 8th + follow up discussion as done in 2011. ITU is confirmed.
    • TODO: Sign responsibility for venue contract which is needed according to Jonas. (User:Ljo)
  • DECISION: Survey should be used. Show results to be used in feedback feedback. Interactive where possible. Ask aspects for questions based on their perspective. Should preferrably be performed in all three phases pre-, during , and post conference. One person had a wish to try to keep number of top level questions down.


  • DECISION: Keynote deadline for voting by organisation committee participants meeting after next (next is May 29th).
    • Equal gender division as previous year, One person brought up to keep in mind peoples labels on the actual persons. (see below) ==> Factor to keep track of over the years.
  • DECISION: Bylines are obligatory for the tracks. We no have: The six confirmed incl Stians

Plus

    • Open entertainment (Jonas)
    • Open security (Klondike)
    • TODO: Check with Inger about librarians track (User:Ljo)
No, there will be no library track lead by her this year at least.
    • Possibly others? ==> TODO: Check for possible layouts of more than 8 tracks in track planning (User:Ljo)
This is not needed since it is highly improbable that it will happen this year.
  • DECISION: Berg211 request handed over to Social events aspect.
  • DECISION: Hardware wants extension with 2 days for Budget request. Granted.
  • DECISION: Next meeting on Tuesday May 29th at 17:30 in EDIT:edit room (Chalmers)
  • Notes:
    • Hardware needs/wants help with inventory on May 31st 16:00 and onwards.
  • Old notes:
    • Tracks that should be in the CFP should be given to Leif-Jöran ASAP!
    • Budget requests from the aspects should be in by the end of the month.

//:Rikard 13:11, 21 May 2012 (UTC)