Meeting 2011-06-08

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to: navigation, search



FSCONS Planning meeting at Gnutiken August 3, 2011 at 16:00 -- 17:00.



  • Gnutiken Web.
  • Map
  • Address: Övre Husargatan 27, Near Linnéplatsen, Göteborg


  • New partners
  • Insurance for volunteers
  • Proposal - Offer courses for volunteers (e.g. five courses @ 3000 SEK each - 15 000 SEK)
  • Keynote speakers
  • mail for distributed communication
  • Other items: Possible cooperation with Transition Sweden.

Alternative ways of joining the meeting, if you can't make it in person

Contact us at info[AT] and ask for alternative ways of joining the meeting. Normally we'll have an IRC chat room going. You can read more about IRC here. Probably we'll add a phone line also, so that you may join via phone. More info on that to come, but please contact us for more information.


Org Meeting


Not the most important idea to put our resources towards, but a ticket will be added to the wiki-ticket system, so that anyone feeling up for it can make something of it.

DECISION: TODO: Add bitcoin as ticket to issue system

  • Insurance for volunteers

[1] offers, for members of IDEA, cheap insurances for volunteers (550SEK / year, covering 2 to 200 volunteers) IDEA membership costs 1400SEK + VAT / year

  • Proposal: Offer courses to volunteers

As a sign of appreciation of their contribution, we could find some useful (both at FSCONS, and in private life) courses and offer these to volunteers.

Proposed / researched courses include:

* Fire safety (a course we'd get for free), we should try to time this close to the volunteer "venue walkthrough"
* Video "production" (how to place lighting, how to edit etc), cost: 600SEK / hour
* CPR (we should have this)
* perhaps some "creating posters" course/workshop

To add/view further proposals: check the wiki

Furthermore, these offers are just that, offers. Not mandatory. There were no real answer to how much we can allow these offered courses to cost, but the initial alloted budget was 15000SEK

DECISION: This is a good idea, AT LEAST implement all the free courses DECISION: TODO: Draft a proposal for volunteer training courses (User:Rikard)

  • Keynote speakers

We need to know who to invite, and who will do the invitations.

The list of proposed speakers could probably do with a "cleanup" (sorting out what are really Keynote speaker proposals, and what are "ordinary speaker" proposals)

DECISION: TODO: A public voting page, including all the proposed keynote speakers, should be hacked together before Friday the 17th of June. (WebTeam) (User:jonas)

DECISION: The keynote speaker vote deadline will be around July 1st. This deadline should be clearly visible on the public voting page.

DECISION: The voting page should only include the name of the speaker and a link (if existing) to his/her webpage.

DECISION: The voting page should include a blurb about how additional proposals can be added to the wiki (see above link)

DECISION: The public voting page should be launched on the 21st of June, this launch should be announced such that the proposed speakers will want to help advertise the voting page (i.e. "Hello denters, I have been proposed as a keynote speaker @fscons, vote for me here ...")

DECISION: The pulic vote is advisory, the "core group" will take the votes into consideration when deciding on which speaker to invite.

  • email addresses for "core group" members

DECISION: TODO: Setup mail aliases with Marcus Rejås (User:hesa) , all requests for new aliases go through hesa

DECISION: members of the board@fscons ML will get an email alias + alias to anyone which someone on the board@ deems needs one

  • Administration of old mailing lists

DECISION: TODO: Revive, members: track leaders, main responsibles, etc. (i.e. "core group") (User:hesa)

DECISION: TODO: Remove the following lists: staff@ speakers@ adm@ wikipedia@ fs@ cc@ news@ guests@ reg@ pc@ freebeer@ thebook@ (User:jonas)

  • Potential cooperation with Transition Sweden (

A cooperation could be that Transition Sweden submit proposals for interesting talks they could hold, other than that they could become eligible for organization discount deal.

DECISION: TODO: Stian sends the FSCONS manifesto to Transition Sweden (User:Julipan)

DECISION: TODO: Stian sends the list of FSCONS tracks to Transition Sweden so that they may begin thinking about potential talk proposals they could hold (User:Julipan)

  • Qualifications for organization discount

Proposal to look into extending (adding alternative) qualifications for what organizations need do to become eligible for discount coupons:

* Sending volunteers from the organization could be one way to receive discount coupons for members

  • Next meeting

When: 2011-06-22 (Wednesday) @ 16:00

Where: FFKP Office