From FSCONS Wiki
Suggestion for themes/tracks (and examples of topics). Hot topics in bold:
As always, FSCONS will touch upon themes from Society, Technology and Culture. At the same time, we are planning to have a parallel section of self-organized tracks arranged by our partners with a more focused take on different aspects from their respective field. The over all theme for FSCONS 2011 will be "Manifesto".
Please add your track suggestions to the end of this list!
- The future of money - What's in the word "free"? What means of payment evolve...
- Desktop - Current status and future of our desktops (e.g. KDE, Gnome)
- Community Diplomaticy - communications within and between groups.
- Accessibility - Are societies accessible to every human, regardless of visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities? What role can technology play, in increasing accessibility? Are on-line services less or more accessible than physical? What about culture?
- Public sector - How does the public sector relate to open access and FOSS? What FOSS related projects is in use by the public sector, what are the lessons learned from those?
- Education - Challenges, possibilities and lessons learned
- Infrastructure - What is the status of IPv6? What tiers (if any) of communication infrastructure should be publicly owned? What is open networking and how can this be achieved?
- Journalism - how has journalism evolved with the www?
- Future of devices - Will everybody have access to the world's collected knowledge and wisdom in their pockets, or will devices be more targeted towards entertainment?
- Societies - What defines a society? What is the relationship between a state and a society? How do societies evolve?
- Commons - Common (noun), a pasture subject to common use What commons do we have historically, and what new commons emerge?
Keynote and speakers Suggestions
Proposed courses and training for the staff and volunteers
Idea here is to offer staff and volunteers free courses in knowledge related to conferences in general and FSCONS in particular. Please come with suggestions for tutors.
- Video production - light, sound, props (Jonas has a lead asking about such a course)
- Make a poster using free software (Perhaps Andreas or someone we know would offer to give such a course?)
- Fire drill and safety - Brandskyddsföreningen Väst sponsors us with a course in fire safety in early October - (contact Rikard for more information)
- CPR - first aid (The Red Cross?)
- Ergonomics - Work in a way that avoids unnecessary strain on the body and soul (Anyone knows anyone who could give such a course?)
- Equality awareness - treating everybody equally and respectfully (regardless of gender, disability etc) (Who? Rikard could probably take charge of the disability awareness training using his contacts. Gender awareness, who'd like to ask around for that?)
- Conflict resolution (Rikard can investigate)
- Communication - How to get a message through (Rikard can investigate, any suggestions are welcome)
- Introduction to Free Software (If interesting, Gnutiken can sponsor such a course for the volunteers)
- Please help us by sharing your ideas!