Jump to navigation Jump to search
FSCONS Planning meeting at IRC #fscons @ irc.freenode.org Apr 18, 2011 at 13:00.
IRC #fscons @ irc.freenode.org
- Wiki permission changes
- How we are doing, according to Trac
- Website content planning
- Keysigning session
Alternative ways of joining the meeting, if you can't make it in person
Contact us at info[AT]fscons.org and ask for alternative ways of joining the meeting. Normally we'll have an IRC chat room going. You can read more about IRC here. Probably we'll add a phone line also, so that you may join via phone. More info on that to come, but please contact us for more information.
|Place:||IRC #fscons @ irc.freenode.org|
- Rikard informed about the permission changes on the planning Wiki for the conference. Now there's more need for an account in order to edit and create new pages.
- Rikard went through the Trac issues and outlined what's completed and what still needs to be done for the milestones
- Henrik gives an update on what the program responsible does: CFP, organising the schedule, etc
- Serengeti is interested in organising a track this year too.
- Discussion on the groups, the composition:
- The groups listed on the wiki should be seen more as an ideal structure, which we would like to have
- Grégoire gives an update of the web
- Discussion on having a voting system for proposed talks. Henrik raise a concern that some speakers might not want to be public about their proposal. This should be dealt with if we do a system for voting.
- We must be clear on how we accept talks into the program. The voting should be a community feedback to the program group, but it's not decisive, ie. the program group can make other decisions that go against the community feedback if called for.
- DECISION: We divide the program into tracks, with each track having a responsible and the overall CFP, schedule, etc organised by the program responsible.
- DECISION: The track managers together in a meeting has veto power by single majority on specific sessions.
- DECISION: We should organise a community feedback voting procedure on the web together with the CFP.
- The voting should take place after the deadline of the CFP
- DECISION: Assistant/Interns are a way of getting more people involved. We'll try to implement this to allow people who don't want to shoulder an entire group to still help out.
- DECISION: Serengeti should be invited to organise a track.
- DECISION: FSFE should be invited to organise a track.
- DECISION: The embedded team of 2010 should be invited to organise a track.
- DECISION: We should setup a separate blog for FSCONS. TODO: Template:Trim (WebTeam)
- DECISION: We should setup a org@ mailing list with everyone involved actively in FSCONS and having a role in its execution.
- Next meeting: 2011-05-02 @ Gnutiken 16:00