WorkMeeting/2014-10-13

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting
Work Meeting
Date:2014-10-13 18:00
Place:Språkbanken



Contents

Advertisment, sponsorship, promotion

Oliver gave a status report. The promotion teem has tweeted about the conference with good results, and ads have been sent to Linux Magazine for publication on their homepage. Oliver requests an up to date version of the logo for use in promotional material. Sponsors have been added to the homepage, and have contacted approximately seven potential sponsors, including previous sponsors. The treasurer reports that we don't strictly speaking need more sponsors to meet the budget, but that more would definitely help.

Early bird tickets

TODO: Promote the buy-before-date of early bird tickets. (User:Oliver)


Up-to-date Logotype

TODO: If time permits, fix an up-to-date logotype to Promotion Team (User:Oliver)


Promote social programme

TODO: Promotion Team will promote the social events, evening gigs etc. (User:Oliver)


Promote article in Computer Sweden

TODO: Promotion Team will promote the article about FSCONS, published in Computer Sweden (User:Oliver)


Promote volunteering

TODO: Promotion Team will promote the opportunity to be a volunteer at the conference (User:Oliver)


Café

Andreas and Tab have coordinated statistics for the café.

Volunteers

Leif-Jöran has met with Tam about the volunteers. They will keep working on it.

Add link to volunteer sign-up to web page

TODO: The web page about volunteering currently does not have a link to the sign-up web page. This should be fixed. (User:Grégoire)

There is an email address Tam has access to.

Give the Volunteers team access to volunteers (at) fscons.org

TODO: Give Tam access to volunteers (at) fscons.org (User:Grégoire)


Manifesto (Policy Committé)

The manifesto has yet to be typeset.

Print manifesto

TODO: Typeset and print manifesto for presentation at the conference (User:skymandr)


Hardware team

Nicholas reports that most thins are already in place, hardware wise. Some things regarding lighting may be procured, but nothing that will break the budget.

Finances

Sign up has slowed down a little. We need to promote the conference -- in particular early-bird tickers -- further to meet the attendance goals. Leif-Jöran suggests that we set timed deadline for early-bird tickets instead of ta maximum number, in order to get some help from artifical scarcity-effects in promotion.

Conference Programme

Programme is mostly filled, excepting some slots that we are keeping as backup or don't expect/plan to fill.

Sleeping quarters

TODO: Some speakers have requested somewhere to sleep. Everyone is encouraged to ask around for this. Someone will send an email about this to the list. (User:Stian)


Next meeting

Next meeting will be on 27/10 at 18.00 at Språkbanken. Aspects will coordinate extra meetings with involved parties as necessary.