Meeting at FFKP 2011-05-24

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Org Meeting
Place:FFKP office


  • Staffing and Execution
  • Suggestion for schedule and track division of slots
  • Sponsorship levels
  • Discounts (EU, DFS etc)
  • What are the mailinglists we are to announce further meeting invitations at


Staffing and Execution

Feedback from previous volunteers point out some room for improvement. More information is needed. The manuals/instructions for each station/task were OK but they were lacking overall information. The "chain of command" needs to be more clear - who to talk to and who's in charge needs to be clear. There needs to be clear contact information for the volunteers. And after the conference is over, there should be a follow-up meeting and contact should be continued.

DECISION: TODO: Template:Trim (ExecutionTeam) (User:HeavenSmile)

DECISION: Better introduction - a walk-around/tour of the venue, greeting volunteers when they arrive, rehearsal of some sort before the conference.

DECISION: Clear instructions for in case of emergency - Fire, accident, conflict. TODO: Template:Trim (ExecutionTeam) (User:HeavenSmile)

DECISION: One "day officer" - someone in charge present at all time information station.

DECISION: Several "runners" - people on call who can deal with urgent matters.

DECISION: Cash handling should be discussed in a separate meeting TODO: Template:Trim

DECISION: Every "new" volunteer or staff should go into the org-mailing list. The team leader for the new person should be CC:d with an introduction, when presenting the person to the org-list.

Suggestion for schedule and track division of slots

DECISION: Jonas's proposition for time slots and schedule layout was accepted

Sponsorship levels

DECISION: Jonas's proposition for levels was accepted and should be put on the /sponsors page

Discounts (EU, DFS etc)

DECISION: Any entity or organisation should be viable for a 20% cut-off from the full price (meaning 100 SEK rebate on the 500 SEK ticket price) provided they contribute back, e.g. via promoting FSCONS via their channels or purchase a number of tickets. TODO: Template:Trim (WebTeam)

What are the mailinglists we are to announce further meeting invitations at

DECISION: Invitations should go via org, since everybody who's got a role in the planning and execution of FSCONS should be on that list.