Suggestion for themes/tracks (and examples of topics). Hot topics in bold:
As always, FSCONS will touch upon themes from Society, Technology and Culture. At the same time, we are planning to have a parallel section of self-organized tracks arranged by our partners with a more focused take on different aspects from their respective field.
- The future of money - What's in the word "free"? What means of payment evolve...
- Desktop - Current status and future of our desktops (e.g. KDE, Gnome)
- Community Diplomatics - communications within and between groups.
- Commons - Common (noun), a pasture subject to common use What commons do we have historically, and what new commons emerge?
- Accessibility - Are societies accessible to every human, regardless of visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities? What role can technology play, in increasing accessibility? Are on-line services less or more accessible than physical? What about culture?
- Public sector - How does the public sector relate to open access and FOSS? What FOSS related projects is in use by the public sector, what are the lessons learned from those?
- Education - Challenges, possibilities and lessons learned
- Infrastructure - What is the status of IPv6? What tiers (if any) of communication infrastructure should be publicly owned? What is open networking and how can this be achieved?
- Journalism - how has journalism evolved with the www?
- Future of devices - Will everybody have access to the world's collected knowledge and wisdom in their pockets, or will devices be more targeted towards entertainment?
- Societies - What defines a society? What is the relationship between a state and a society? How do societies evolve?
Keynote and speakers Suggestions
- Please help us by sharing your ideas!