Difference between revisions of "FSCONS 2009/Meeting Notes"

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 7: Line 7:
 
: §2 Decisions
 
: §2 Decisions
 
:: We have some suggestions:
 
:: We have some suggestions:
:: * Paypal donate button, visible on the site
+
::* Paypal donate button, visible on the site
:: * Couchsurfing group and link on the accomodation page
+
::* Couchsurfing group and link on the accomodation page
:: * Shouldn't we have an About page? Where does it fit in the menu/navigation? Sub items to about?
+
::* Shouldn't we have an About page? Where does it fit in the menu/navigation? Sub items to about?
 
: §3 Discussion
 
: §3 Discussion
 
:: Please enter suggestions here
 
:: Please enter suggestions here
 +
 
== Board meeting: 18 aug at 15.00 CET ==
 
== Board meeting: 18 aug at 15.00 CET ==
 
Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode
 
Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

Revision as of 12:05, 21 August 2009

Meeting Agendas and Notes

Board meeting: 25 aug at 15.00 CET

Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

§1 Follow-up last meeting
What is the status on things decided on last meeting (18 aug)?
§2 Decisions
We have some suggestions:
  • Paypal donate button, visible on the site
  • Couchsurfing group and link on the accomodation page
  • Shouldn't we have an About page? Where does it fit in the menu/navigation? Sub items to about?
§3 Discussion
Please enter suggestions here

Board meeting: 18 aug at 15.00 CET

Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

§1 Information from Staff:
  • Organisation of FSCONS and introduction to the working structure
FSCONS is governed by the Board, which consists of all participating Co-Organisers, under the direction of the Conference Manager. The Board meets every week on IRC and takes the most important decisions that need involvement of all Co-Organisers. It's also a way for the Co-Organisers to be kept informed about what's happening. The Staff consists of the on-site staff where each person has a specific role and function to play during the implementation of the conference. Staff meet more frequently in person and in a more ad-hoc way as the needs change.
  • Planning public activities before FSCONS
There is a proposed and planned communication structure at FSCONS 2009 Communication Strategy which will outline where and how various types of information should be released and pushed for to up the interest in the conference in the months to come.
  • ACTION ITEM: Stian adds dates for press-releases to the list
  • ACTION ITEM: Hesa adds dates for interviews
  • Schedule for FSCONS
Following the work of the Programme Committee there is a schedule now online at http://fscons.org/schedule.php which is not yet public, but can be used as a reference. There will be some small changes to it, and some of the speakers have not gotten back to us yet. Hopefully the complete schedule can be published soon!
  • ACTION ITEM: Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue)
  • ACTION ITEM: Leif-Jöran to send information about Haralanova and Weiden as potential keynotes (if they are not already on the list)
§2 Decisions
  • Tickets in geocaches
There is a proposal to put free tickets to the conference in geocaches. This should probably be of the form of some discount coupons or similar that the finder can cash for an FSCONS ticket. Proposed 20 free tickets, distributed in some reasonable way between the countries, as per what is easily implemented so that not too much time is spent on this task.
  • DECISION: Accepted, but more concrete plan for logistics needs to be worked out with the geocache community for distribution of the caches, which needs to include distribution in the nordic countries and not just Sweden.
  • Streaming and recording of speeches
There's a need to at least record the speeches during FSCONS, and preferably if it can be arranged, to also stream them online as the conference progresses. Bambuser is a service which primarily is intended for streaming information via 3G from cell phones and similar, but can be a useful service for streaming events. Proposal that we get in touch with Bambuser and invite them to participate with us at FSCONS to stream all talks during the two days.
  • DECISION: Declined. Jonas should contact Öppen Kanal Göteborg and GU simultaneously to ask for help with streaming and recording the conference, and then report back on the next meeting what their replies are.


  • Get-together event on Friday
Proposal to combine the efforts of Resource Point, the GNU Hackers Meeting and FSCONS to have a combined event on friday evening, the day before the conference. This would be an informal get-together event for FSCONS, and closing event for Resource Point and GNU Hackers Meeting. Jonas and Henrik have a meeting with Resource Point on tuesday lunch, and will inform about the outcome of that, but a proposal is that these are all merged and that we do the get-together meeting together.
  • DECISION: Accepted, continue the discussions with Resource Point for how to implement it.


  • Flyers for FSCONS
Joakim Ljungblad has been working on some flyer designs for FSCONS. Will be available on tuesday, after which a decision is needed during the meeting on which flyer to go for, and any comments we have. Joakim will then finalise the design. Other designs will potentially also be available.
  • DECISION: All designs are great and we'd like to have all of them eventually. For now though, the decision falls on #3 with the following additions:

- Not the same woman on both left and right side - "Burgården Conference Center" (without the s) - Date should be 13-15th of November - More space between "Re-build" and "Politics"


§3 Discussion
  • What other organisations do we want to have participate at FSCONS to present their work? These might not be Co-Organisers, but just participating with people to present their projects or organisations in the common areas of the conference.
  • We're still lacking a bit in the area of sponsors, especially when it comes to travel funds. What organisations might be available for giving funding for visiting speakers, or general conference sponsorship of FSCONS?