Difference between revisions of "FSCONS 2009/Meeting Notes"

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 11: Line 11:
 
::* Hesa adds dates for interviews ??
 
::* Hesa adds dates for interviews ??
 
:::Hesa: staus?
 
:::Hesa: staus?
 +
::::Done!
 
::* Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue) ??
 
::* Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue) ??
 
:::Jonas: Status?
 
:::Jonas: Status?

Revision as of 19:35, 27 August 2009

Meeting Agendas and Notes

Notes from Board meeting: 25 aug at 15.00 CET

Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

§1 Follow-up last meeting
What is the status on things decided on last meeting (18 aug)?
  • Haralanova is willing to come and prepared to do a keynote, Re-added her info on Keynote_Speakers
Rikard: Sync with Jonas, to see how and when! UPDATE: Rikard has mailed Jonas and asked re. status on Haralanova for kenote.
Status of action items from last meeting?:
  • Stian adds dates for press-releases to the list DONE!
  • Hesa adds dates for interviews ??
Hesa: staus?
Done!
  • Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue) ??
Jonas: Status?
Lennart explains: As I have emailed Jonas about previously, we will not have Sue Gardner as keynote speaker. Instead we will have Erik Möller, who is the vice CEO at the Wikimedia Foundation. He has more computer background and will be more interested in us, as well. (I have organised to have Sue here for next year, though...) His Wikipedia page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_M%C3%B6ller and his User page is here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Eloquence I have asked him to talk about what will the future of Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation will be like. I have not had time to update this on FSCONS.org or the wiki as yet.
  • Leif-Jöran to send information about Haralanova and Weiden as potential keynotes (if they are not already on the list)
Done! see above.
§2 Decisions
We have some suggestions:
No objections on the meeting. Rikard: Change currency to Euro
Currency now changed to Euro /Rikard
  • Couchsurfing group and link on the accomodation page. Stian: join couchsurfing and create a group FSCONS2009.
Rikard: add link to that group on "Accomodation" event group
Someone (probably wildcard) has done that. Rikard added a "what's this" link to the CouchSurfing about page
  • Shouldn't we have an About page? Where does it fit in the menu/navigation? Sub items to about? What about a Contact page? Rikard made this
§3 Discussion
Please enter suggestions here
  • Who are currently working on the fscons.org site with pages and content? How will that work be organized?
"we might need to encourage people to comment" "don't break links that people may have med to direct pages" Rikard, Jonas and Patrik is working on the page and will check the irc channel for feedback, as a compliment to the weekly irc meetings
  • FSCONS site navigation - what pages are top menu items (need to be visible at every page and easy to find) and what pages are sub items?
"one button that should be available as a primary link is "Register"" (when should "Register" go live, btw?)
§4 This week's acitivities
  • FSCONS company/organisation invitations - collect addresses (physical, email) to send invitations to (suggestion: collect addresses and send to staff-list)
  • FSCONS municipality invitations - collect addresses (physical, email) to send invitations to
Execution: send invitations to staff ml, keep record on planning to avoid duplicate invites. "two people get the same idea. first one to enter successfully the new address and write "invited by" with his/her name gets to send the invitation."
Stian: create the page on planning with a matrix for Organization/Description/Snail Addr/Email/Attention:/Invited by/Date invited/Email or snail?/Response
Done here

Board meeting: 25 aug at 15.00 CET

Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

§1 Follow-up last meeting
What is the status on things decided on last meeting (18 aug)?
  • Haralanova is willing to come and prepared to do a keynote, Re-added her info on Keynote_Speakers
Status of action items from last meeting?:
  • Stian adds dates for press-releases to the list
  • Hesa adds dates for interviews
  • Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue)
  • Leif-Jöran to send information about Haralanova and Weiden as potential keynotes (if they are not already on the list) Done! see above.
§2 Decisions
We have some suggestions:
  • Paypal donate button, visible on the site (Rikard made this)
  • Couchsurfing group and link on the accomodation page
  • Shouldn't we have an About page? Where does it fit in the menu/navigation? Sub items to about? What about a Contact page? Rikard made this
§3 Discussion
Please enter suggestions here
  • Who are currently working on the fscons.org site with pages and content? How will that work be organized?
  • FSCONS site navigation - what pages are top menu items (need to be visible at every page and easy to find) and what pages are sub items?
§4 This week's acitivities
  • FSCONS company/organisation invitations - collect addresses (physical, email) to send invitations to (suggestion: collect addresses and send to staff-list)
  • FSCONS municipality invitations - collect addresses (physical, email) to send invitations to

Board meeting: 18 aug at 15.00 CET

Where: IRC, channel #fscons on FreeNode

§1 Information from Staff:
  • Organisation of FSCONS and introduction to the working structure
FSCONS is governed by the Board, which consists of all participating Co-Organisers, under the direction of the Conference Manager. The Board meets every week on IRC and takes the most important decisions that need involvement of all Co-Organisers. It's also a way for the Co-Organisers to be kept informed about what's happening. The Staff consists of the on-site staff where each person has a specific role and function to play during the implementation of the conference. Staff meet more frequently in person and in a more ad-hoc way as the needs change.
  • Planning public activities before FSCONS
There is a proposed and planned communication structure at FSCONS 2009 Communication Strategy which will outline where and how various types of information should be released and pushed for to up the interest in the conference in the months to come.
  • ACTION ITEM: Stian adds dates for press-releases to the list
  • ACTION ITEM: Hesa adds dates for interviews
  • Schedule for FSCONS
Following the work of the Programme Committee there is a schedule now online at http://fscons.org/schedule.php which is not yet public, but can be used as a reference. There will be some small changes to it, and some of the speakers have not gotten back to us yet. Hopefully the complete schedule can be published soon!
  • ACTION ITEM: Jonas asks Lennart about keynote (Sue)
  • ACTION ITEM: Leif-Jöran to send information about Haralanova and Weiden as potential keynotes (if they are not already on the list)
§2 Decisions
  • Tickets in geocaches
There is a proposal to put free tickets to the conference in geocaches. This should probably be of the form of some discount coupons or similar that the finder can cash for an FSCONS ticket. Proposed 20 free tickets, distributed in some reasonable way between the countries, as per what is easily implemented so that not too much time is spent on this task.
  • DECISION: Accepted, but more concrete plan for logistics needs to be worked out with the geocache community for distribution of the caches, which needs to include distribution in the nordic countries and not just Sweden.
  • Streaming and recording of speeches
There's a need to at least record the speeches during FSCONS, and preferably if it can be arranged, to also stream them online as the conference progresses. Bambuser is a service which primarily is intended for streaming information via 3G from cell phones and similar, but can be a useful service for streaming events. Proposal that we get in touch with Bambuser and invite them to participate with us at FSCONS to stream all talks during the two days.
  • DECISION: Declined. Jonas should contact Öppen Kanal Göteborg and GU simultaneously to ask for help with streaming and recording the conference, and then report back on the next meeting what their replies are.


  • Get-together event on Friday
Proposal to combine the efforts of Resource Point, the GNU Hackers Meeting and FSCONS to have a combined event on friday evening, the day before the conference. This would be an informal get-together event for FSCONS, and closing event for Resource Point and GNU Hackers Meeting. Jonas and Henrik have a meeting with Resource Point on tuesday lunch, and will inform about the outcome of that, but a proposal is that these are all merged and that we do the get-together meeting together.
  • DECISION: Accepted, continue the discussions with Resource Point for how to implement it.


  • Flyers for FSCONS
Joakim Ljungblad has been working on some flyer designs for FSCONS. Will be available on tuesday, after which a decision is needed during the meeting on which flyer to go for, and any comments we have. Joakim will then finalise the design. Other designs will potentially also be available.
  • DECISION: All designs are great and we'd like to have all of them eventually. For now though, the decision falls on #3 with the following additions:

- Not the same woman on both left and right side - "Burgården Conference Center" (without the s) - Date should be 13-15th of November - More space between "Re-build" and "Politics"


§3 Discussion
  • What other organisations do we want to have participate at FSCONS to present their work? These might not be Co-Organisers, but just participating with people to present their projects or organisations in the common areas of the conference.
  • We're still lacking a bit in the area of sponsors, especially when it comes to travel funds. What organisations might be available for giving funding for visiting speakers, or general conference sponsorship of FSCONS?