Suggested Speakers 2012
Speaker (or topics) suggestions here
- 1 Se also
- 2 ABM - GLAM Galleries Archives Libraries Museums
- 3 Embedded free software
- 4 Programming/development/free software
- 5 Other
Tracks (suggested tracks) are level two headers below. These are suggestions for themes in the form of grouping the suggested speakers together. The discussion for suggested themes can take place somewhere else on a different page. This is more for grouping.
ABM - GLAM Galleries Archives Libraries Museums
Francesca Coppa is one of the founders of the Organization For Transformative Works http://transformativeworks.org (OTW), a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting and preserving fan works and culture. As part of that mission, the OTW is designing and building the Archive of Our Own http://archiveofourown.org, the largest female-led and female-dominated Open Source project on the web.
- Elin och Siskas blogg
- Synkad (blogg)
- Elin Nord pris för Årets nytänkare
- Gästblogginlägg av Elin Nord
I divide my time between being at Örebro municipality and work at Edelegationen managing open data (Psi) and web standards. Förnyelsebyråkrat.
- Open Data Award – Points of Interest for the Municipality of Örebro (Björn Hagström) http://okcon.org/2011/programme/winners-of-the-open-data-challenge
Embedded free software
Arduino (again, on demand)
I'm a researcher and writer interested in Free Software as a set of philosophies and social practices. I'm involved in FLOSS development, advocacy, research and training with Fossbox <http://www.fossbox.org.uk/> and Technology and Social Action <http://www.technologyandsocialaction.org/> and also provide professional web production and content management for NGOs and SEs. I hold a PhD in Critical Theory from the University of Sussex.
Janis has been contributing to GCC since 2001; she's the GCC testsuite maintainer.
Alexia Death is a core GIMP developer. A summary of Death's contributions to GIMP circa early 2011 can be found on LWN
Christine Caulfield lives in Leeds, UK and works for Red Hat on Linux clustering, principally writing code for the the 'cman' cluster manager and corosync. Her spare time open source projects are:
- Linux DECnet: Principal (sole!) maintainer including, officially at least, the kernel module.
- Vienna 1: A cix offline reader for OS/X
- iPlayerGUI: A small program for OS/X that helps with downloading BBC programmes and is a wrapper around get_iplayer
Cat Allman is a long-time Unix user and currently works in Google's Open Source programs group. Some other conference appearances:
- Getting Started in Open Source (with Leslie Hawthorn) at OSCON 2009
- Open Source for Newbies: Attracting and Retaining Talented People for Your Project (with Leslie Hawthorn) at LCA2010
Kristen Carlson Accardi
Kristen Carlson Accardi is a Linux kernel developer who works for Intel Corporation. She has been a device driver developer since the 1990s and began concentrating on Linux in 2005. She maintains the PCI hot-plug subsystem in the Linux kernel. At least as of 2007, she was the only woman who was a subsystem maintainer for Linux. She lead the organisation of the 2008 Linux Plumber's Conference.
Selena Deckelmann Selena Deckelmann is a consultant and database analyst for Emma http://www.myemma.com. She’s a major contributor to PostgreSQL http://postgresql.org. She speaks internationally about free software, developer communities and trolling. She founded and co-chaired Open Source Bridge http://www.opensourcebridge.org , a developer conference for open source citi...
Allison Randal is a linguist, software developer and author. She is the former chief architect of the Parrot virtual machine, a member of the board of directors for The Perl Foundation, a member of the board of directors for the Python Software Foundation and a former Chairman of the Parrot Foundation. She is also the lead developer of Punie. She is co-author of Perl 6 and Parrot Essentials and the Synopses of Perl 6. She was employed by O'Reilly Media. On August 20, 2010, Randal announced that she now works for Canonical as the Technical Architect of Ubuntu.
kändis! Professor i genus och docent i teatervetenskap.
Yvonne Hirdman också kändis inom genus-världen. professor vid Historiska institutionen vid Stockholms universitet.
Anja Hirdman (dotter till Yvonne H)
hon gör media & genus doktorerat på *Tilltalande bilder: genus, sexualitet och publiksyn i Veckorevyn <http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veckorevyn> och FIB-Aktuellt.
hon har föreläst flera gånger på GU
professor Ulf Mellström
ulf.mellstrom AT ltu.se
Professor i ämnet Genus och teknik, vid Institutionen för arbetsvetenskap, Luleå tekniska universitet
Han forskar på kön & teknik.
Ett projekt han arbetat med är GLIT: Gender and technology in a cross-cultural perspective - Computer Science in Sweden and Malaysia (GLIT) is one of our projects, aiming to investigate why computer science is a gender authentic choice for women in Malaysia.
- Mellström, U (1999) "Män och deras maskiner" Nora: Nya Doxa, .
- Mellström, U (2002) ”Patriarchal machines and masculine embodiment”,Science, Technology &camp; Human Values, Vol. 27 No. 4, autumn 2002, 460-478.
- Mellström, Ulf (2004) ”Machines and masculine subjectivity, technology as an integral part of men’s life experiences”, (eds.) Faulkner, W
&camp; Lohan M, Special Issue: Masculinities and Technology, volume 6, Number 4, April 2004, 368-383.