This is a guide to the process of publishing talk recordings
Step 1: gather the files
To generate the final version of a video you need the following files:
- the video files from the camera, usually MTS files
title.svga title screen with the name of the video and the speakers
metadata.mk, a makefile with the video's metadata
And you should put all that in a sub-directory of your current directory called
Step 2: preflight check
- Look at the video files
- is the quality ok?
- are both the beginning and the end of the talk present?
- do you have all the pieces? (the end of the first segment should correspond to the beginning of the second)
- Look at the title file
- is all the text in the limits of the page?
- is the text correct?
- Look at the metadata file
- there should not be any new line in the strings (replace by \n)
Step 3: encoding
Step 4: inspection
There should be 2 new files in the current directory: A mpeg video and an ogv video. Open the two files and check that the quality is ok.