Suggested Speakers 2012
Speaker (or topics) suggestions here
Tracks (suggested tracks)
AMB - Archives Libraries Museums
- Viktor Sarge
- Lars Ilselid
- Elin Nord
Embedded free software
- Arduino (again, on demand)
- Janis Johnson - Janis has been contributing to GCC since 2001; she's the GCC testsuite maintainer.
- Alexia Death - Alexia Death is a core GIMP developer. A summary of Death's contributions to GIMP circa early 2011 can be found on LWN
- Christine Caulfield - Christine Caulfield lives in Leeds, UK and works for Red Hat on Linux clustering, principally writing code for the the 'cman' cluster manager and corosync. Her spare time open source projects are:
- Linux DECnet: Principal (sole!) maintainer including, officially at least, the kernel module.
- Vienna 1: A cix offline reader for OS/X
- iPlayerGUI: A small program for OS/X that helps with downloading BBC programmes and is a wrapper around get_iplayer
- Cat Allman - Cat Allman is a long-time Unix user and currently works in Google's Open Source programs group. Some other conference appearances:
- Getting Started in Open Source (with Leslie Hawthorn) at OSCON 2009
- Open Source for Newbies: Attracting and Retaining Talented People for Your Project (with Leslie Hawthorn) at LCA2010
- Kristen Carlson Accardi
Kristen Carlson Accardi is a Linux kernel developer who works for Intel Corporation. She has been a device driver developer since the 1990s and began concentrating on Linux in 2005. She maintains the PCI hot-plug subsystem in the Linux kernel. At least as of 2007, she was the only woman who was a subsystem maintainer for Linux. She lead the organisation of the 2008 Linux Plumber's Conference.