Difference between revisions of "Meeting 2011-08-15"

From FSCONS wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(18 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
===0. Venue - where?===
 
===0. Venue - where?===
 
Probably IT-U (due to re-building - we're not sure) - possibly CTH Johanneberg
 
Probably IT-U (due to re-building - we're not sure) - possibly CTH Johanneberg
 +
 +
{{todo|Work on the Chalmers connection|assignedTo=Hesa}}
  
 
===1. Central point of contact concept===
 
===1. Central point of contact concept===
Commander will have walkie-talkie, infodesk will have one and runners will be having one. This will be formalized in an email by Patrik and Grégoire.
+
"Commander" will have walkie-talkie, infodesk will have one, registration will have one and runners will be having one. This will be formalized in an email by Patrik and Grégoire.
 +
 
 +
{{todo|Inform Oliver about walkietalkies for his Volunteer information text|team=HardwareTeam|assignedTo=Wildcard}}
  
 
===2. List of speakers on fscons.org===
 
===2. List of speakers on fscons.org===
LJO: When to put up speakers on the web page. Needs coordination. Web team and track coordinators. Will be coordinated between LJO and track coordinators. Thursday for hesa.
+
LJO: When to put up speakers on the web page. Needs coordination. Web team and track coordinators. Will be coordinated between LJO and track coordinators. hesa coordinates with Ljo on Thursday at the earliest.
 +
 
 +
{{todo|Coordinate speaker names publication with Track Organizers|assignedTo=Ljo}}
 +
{{todo|Coordinate speaker names publication with Ljo|team=WebTeam|assignedTo=Grégoire}}
 +
{{todo|Speaker names on website by week 34|team=WebTeam|assignedTo=Grégoire}}
 +
 
 +
How should we promote the publications of speakers? PR strategy anyone?
 +
 
 +
{{todo|Promote publications of speakers|team=CommunicationTeam|assignedTo=Rikard}}
  
 
===3. Lunches===
 
===3. Lunches===
 
Oliver will check with L's. Nemos - tbd
 
Oliver will check with L's. Nemos - tbd
 +
 +
{{todo|Check lunch/dinner possibilities at L's and Nemos|assignedTo=HeavenSmile}}
  
 
===4. Workshops Friday - Where? Sign-up?===
 
===4. Workshops Friday - Where? Sign-up?===
 
Wiki page proposed for sign-up. LJO will contact workshop organizers.
 
Wiki page proposed for sign-up. LJO will contact workshop organizers.
 +
 +
{{todo|Check with workshop organizers if wiki-based signup is sufficient|assignedTo=Ljo}}
 +
 +
Preferably workshops should be held away from venue to give VenueTeam more time for setting up the venue.
 +
 +
If workshops are off-site, make sure to emphasize this to workshop participants, so that they are aware of this fact. Make it REALLY obvious.
 +
 +
Ljo might have access to workshop rooms (2-3) which can swallow 15-35 participants each.
 +
 +
We should probably plan for parallell workshops as workshops have a habit of running over time.
 +
 +
Also some discussions about GHS, Forskningsavdelningen and a hackerspace from Stockholm, if they could get some room, arrange workshops. Nothing decided or fleshed out.
  
 
===5. Other questions===
 
===5. Other questions===
* How many slots are there? 58, some of which reserved for Key notes, each track has 6 slots. LJO assumes that all 8 track will allocate its six slots.
+
* How many slots are there? 58, some of which reserved for Key notes, each track has 6 slots. LJO assumes that all 8 tracks will allocate its six slots.
 
* Social even - Where/How? Berg211 actually fails - not in plan. At L's Kitchen Lindholmen? At IT-U? At CTU Student pub? Who investigates? There will be todo-items for this.
 
* Social even - Where/How? Berg211 actually fails - not in plan. At L's Kitchen Lindholmen? At IT-U? At CTU Student pub? Who investigates? There will be todo-items for this.
 
* Oliver - more non-alcoholic alternatives!
 
* Oliver - more non-alcoholic alternatives!
Line 40: Line 66:
 
* "Special Guest" Will join us - we'll squeeze him/her in somehow. Homework for everyone to think about what he/she should talk about.
 
* "Special Guest" Will join us - we'll squeeze him/her in somehow. Homework for everyone to think about what he/she should talk about.
 
* Offer sign interpretation? Rikard will get a proposal for sign interpretation. Karin has a contact for stenographers.
 
* Offer sign interpretation? Rikard will get a proposal for sign interpretation. Karin has a contact for stenographers.
 +
 +
{{todo|Get proposal for sign interpretation of talks|assignedTo=Rikard|done=Hell yeah}}
 +
 +
{{todo|Solutions for subtitling recorded talks|team=HardwareTeam ||assignedTo=HeavenSmile}}
 +
 +
{{todo|Investigate if there are resellers of soft drinks that will give us on-site delivery and also buy back whatever we don't sell|assignedTo=HeavenSmile}}
 +
 +
{{todo|Wait until Wednesday, then send a friendly reminder to Alan Cox|assignedTo=Jonas}}
 +
 +
{{todo|Ideas about GPRS security infrastructure speakers? Get in touch with Jonas a.s.a.p}}
  
 
===6. Next meeting===
 
===6. Next meeting===

Revision as of 14:16, 30 August 2011

What

FSCONS Planning meeting at Gnutiken August 15, 2011 at 16:00 -- 17:00.

Where

Gnutiken

  • Gnutiken Web.
  • Map
  • Address: Övre Husargatan 27, Near Linnéplatsen, Göteborg

Agenda

  • Central point of contact concept
  • List of speakers on fscons.org

Alternative ways of joining the meeting, if you can't make it in person

Contact us at info[AT]fscons.org and ask for alternative ways of joining the meeting. Normally we'll have an IRC chat room going. You can read more about IRC here. Probably we'll add a phone line also, so that you may join via phone. More info on that to come, but please contact us for more information.

Summary

Agenda

0. Venue - where?

Probably IT-U (due to re-building - we're not sure) - possibly CTH Johanneberg

TODO: Template:Trim (User:Hesa)


1. Central point of contact concept

"Commander" will have walkie-talkie, infodesk will have one, registration will have one and runners will be having one. This will be formalized in an email by Patrik and Grégoire.

TODO: Template:Trim (HardwareTeam) (User:Wildcard)


2. List of speakers on fscons.org

LJO: When to put up speakers on the web page. Needs coordination. Web team and track coordinators. Will be coordinated between LJO and track coordinators. hesa coordinates with Ljo on Thursday at the earliest.

TODO: Template:Trim (User:Ljo)

TODO: Template:Trim (WebTeam) (User:Grégoire)

TODO: Template:Trim (WebTeam) (User:Grégoire)


How should we promote the publications of speakers? PR strategy anyone?

TODO: Template:Trim (CommunicationTeam) (User:Rikard)


3. Lunches

Oliver will check with L's. Nemos - tbd

TODO: Template:Trim (User:HeavenSmile)


4. Workshops Friday - Where? Sign-up?

Wiki page proposed for sign-up. LJO will contact workshop organizers.

TODO: Template:Trim (User:Ljo)


Preferably workshops should be held away from venue to give VenueTeam more time for setting up the venue.

If workshops are off-site, make sure to emphasize this to workshop participants, so that they are aware of this fact. Make it REALLY obvious.

Ljo might have access to workshop rooms (2-3) which can swallow 15-35 participants each.

We should probably plan for parallell workshops as workshops have a habit of running over time.

Also some discussions about GHS, Forskningsavdelningen and a hackerspace from Stockholm, if they could get some room, arrange workshops. Nothing decided or fleshed out.

5. Other questions

  • How many slots are there? 58, some of which reserved for Key notes, each track has 6 slots. LJO assumes that all 8 tracks will allocate its six slots.
  • Social even - Where/How? Berg211 actually fails - not in plan. At L's Kitchen Lindholmen? At IT-U? At CTU Student pub? Who investigates? There will be todo-items for this.
  • Oliver - more non-alcoholic alternatives!
  • Jonas: Drinks must preferably be delivered to us. Also, we must be able to return left-overs.
  • "Special Guest" Will join us - we'll squeeze him/her in somehow. Homework for everyone to think about what he/she should talk about.
  • Offer sign interpretation? Rikard will get a proposal for sign interpretation. Karin has a contact for stenographers.

TODO: Template:Trim (User:Rikard)


TODO: Template:Trim (HardwareTeam) (User:HeavenSmile)


TODO: Template:Trim (User:HeavenSmile)


TODO: Template:Trim (User:Jonas)


TODO: Template:Trim


6. Next meeting

August 29, 16.00 Gnutiken.