We are leaning towards the date 11/11/11 and unless we hear strong reasons against that date it will soon be officially accepted as the date for FSCONS 2011. Other events this year can be found here.
The organisation is divided into several groups (see below on how to get involved). The groups are coordinated by the core team, currently consisting of Jonas Öberg (FFKP), Henrik Sandklef (FFKP) and Rikard Fröberg (FFKP).
Who wants to help out with the organisation? People needed for everything from drupal development or marketing to moving furniture.
In fact, the conference is depending heavily on participation from the community and voluntary co-operation. FSCONS is the sum of what we do together.
Rough outline: The groups have each a team leader who reports to the core team as they deem necessary. All groups meet together regularly so that issues or tasks can be coordinated and dealt with. The meetings are open to everybody but the team leaders should preferably attend so that coordination and progress is easy and we all know we are on track according to the plan. Urgent issues may of course be directed to the core team at any time by the team leaders.
Please read our FSCONS Manifest.
Drop whatever ideas you have here, including for speakers and topics.
Suggestion for themes/tracks (and examples of topics):
- Desktop - Current status and future of our desktops (e.g. KDE, Gnome)
- Community Diplomatics - communications within and between groups.
- Commons - Common (noun), a pasture subject to common use What commons do we have historically, and what new commons emerge?
- Accessibility - Are societies accessible to every human, regardless of visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, and neurological disabilities? What role can technology play, in increasing accessibility? Are on-line services less or more accessible than physical? What about culture?
- Education - Challenges, possibilities and lessons learned
- Infrastructure - What is the status of IPv6? What tiers (if any) of communication infrastructure should be publicly owned? What is open networking and how can this be achieved?
- Journalism - how has journalism evolved with the www?
- Future of devices - Will everybody have access to the world's collected knowledge and wisdom in their pockets, or will devices be more targeted towards entertainment?
- Societies - What defines a society? What is the relationship between a state and a society? How do societies evolve?