FSCONS 2010 Themes/Makers of the Future
Makers of the Future is a proposed theme for FSCONS 2010 the 6-7th of November 2010 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
RepRap is a "rapid prototyping system that is capable of producing its own parts and can therefore be replicated easily". The philosophy of the free software movement: being able to use, share and improve software, gets a real life counterpart in the Hackerspaces, Fablab, Makerbot, RepRap and Open Source Ecology communities. Turning every citizen into a creator is a central issue of this theme, which will explore both the underlying philosophy as well as the actual means of creation.
The responsibility is defined generally for all themes in the FSCONS 2010 Themes page.
|Karin Kosina||Jonas Öberg||The Inanna Project||With Jonas||Paid in full by FSCONS (budget line 5.2.2)||6 Nov @ 13.15||OK|
|Smári McCarthy||Jonas Öberg||The End of the World as we Know it: How do you feel?||With Jonas||External||6 Nov @ 17.15||OK|
|Christian Villum||Jonas Öberg||Please copy this record to all of your friends!||With Jonas||External||6 Nov @ 11.30||OK|
|Gisle Hannemyr||Jonas Öberg||Challenges to Copyright: The shift towards collaboration||External||7 Nov @ 14.15||OK|
|Erik de Bruijn||Jonas Öberg||The Future of RepRap and Open Source Hardware||With Jonas||Travel paid by FSCONS||6 Nov @ 15.15||OK|
The following people have been invited, but declined, or is awaiting replies:
- Mirko Lindner - Maybe better in Embedded?
- Marius Kintel - Invited, unsure about suitability. Offers to get us in touch with others for Reprap. Directed to Erik below.
- Erik de Bruijn - Reprap core team. Interested; negotiating.
- Jiri Räsänen - Might be interested, but would need travel and accommodation.
- Willem van Cotthem - Invited
- Michel Bauwens - Invited, needs accommodation and travel
- Maja van der Velden - Invited, interested in presenting "global knowledge sharing and Wikipedia" with an "ecological perspective in that law, markets, ethics, technologies, the social (norms, culture, society), etc. are all entangled"
There's room in this for 3x30 and 4x45 (available: 1x30, 2x45)