NB: This Wiki is community maintained and should NOT be regarded as an official source of information. All confirmed information is located on the FSCONS main website 
Some more pages here:
- People - helpers, organizers, visitors, watchers..
Please, folks, - if you are interested in this event then please add yourself to the People page! Tell us about yourself, and let us know whether you want to visit this event or even better help us manage it. Add a picture, too, so we can recognize you at the event. Let us know whether you have any projects going on and if you want to meet people who want to join you with it. And maybe you want to give a small talk about your project? Let us know!!
The Schedule is available on the page http://www.fscons.org/schedule The schedule is preliminary. Topics are confirmed but times are subject to change. [2008-09-11] There are still eight open slots. Please apply asap!
The three lecture rooms have these names:
* Development * Free Culture * Free Software
* Where are those three rooms (building, floor, room number)? * Add some pictures of those rooms to this wiki. * The location of these events
5a8 is not given:
Award, keynotes, lunch, registrations, and social event. * What other rooms are there for developer meetings?
About: Mission http://fscons.org/about Free Software http://fscons.org/freesoftware Free Culture http://fscons.org/freeculture Free Content http://fscons.org/freecontent Award http://fscons.org/award Organisers http://fscons.org/organisers Contact http://fscons.org/contact
Program: Events http://fscons.org/events/ Schedule http://fscons.org/schedule/ Speakers http://fscons.org/speakers/
Visitors: Visit http://fscons.org/visit/ Register http://fscons.org/registration/ Travel http://fscons.org/travel/ Accomodation http://fscons.org/accomodation/ Venue http://fscons.org/venue/
Press: Press Info http://fscons.org/press/ Accreditation http://fscons.org/accreditation/
Sponsors: Become a Sponsor http://fscons.org/sponsor/ Sponsors of FSCONS http://fscons.org/sponsors/
Community: Related Events http://fscons.org/related-events/ Promote FSCONS http://fscons.org/promote/
Links not in the Main Menu (eg from the sidebar of the homepage):
Nominations: http://fscons.org/award/nominate/ Suggestions: http://fscons.org/proposeevent
= Arc 5a8 hive/History =
A look back on the previous FSCONS:
Webpages http://fscons.org/2007 Videos http://www.fsfe.org/en/advocacy/audio_videos/fscons_2007 Videos http://thepiratebay.org/user/FSCONS
The newsletters which had been sent out:
The organizers come from these groups:
* Creative Commons Sweden * FSFE * Wikimedia Sweden
These organizations are represented at the event:
* CCMixter * Debian GNU/Linux * Icelandic Fab Labs * KDE * Magnatune * Midgard * OpenStreetMap * Postgres
- Mirko Lindner mirko[at]creativecommons.se
- Stian Rødven Eide stian[at]fsfeurope.org
Below we have listed some of the tasks that right now FSCONS needs help with.
Tasks before, during, and after the event:
- PR: put up posters. ask for posters at mailto:email@example.com - and we will send them to you!
- PR: add links (digg), blog about FSCONS, speak about FSCONS
Tasks during the event:
- preparations: filling bags with info
- registrations: handing out badges+bags, giving info
- entrance: checking badges
5a8 ity: monitor the halls
- Feedback: asking attendees about their view on the conference
- Helpers: coordination of helpers
- IT: help with the network, setting up presentation PCs for speakers
- IT support: help speakers with the setup for the network and their slides
|Day first||Day last||Deadline||Title||City||Country||HomePage|
|10-16 Thu||10-19 Sun||2008-06-01 Sun||EuroBSDCon||Strasbourg||France||eurobsdcon.org|
|02-24 Sat||02-25 Sun||---||FOSDEM 2008||Brussels||Belgium||fosdem.org|
|08-23 Thu||08-24 Fri||2008-06-02 Mon||FrOSCon||Bonn||Germany||froscon.org|
|10-03 Fri||10-04 Sat||2008-07-01 Tue||Open Source Days||Copenhagen||Denmark||opensourcedays.org|
- People: Add all people from the orgsanisation.
- FAQ: Fill the page with questions - and possibly with answers, too.
- Logo: Explain the logo's parts and mention the creator.
- PR: Send press releases to slashdot and pro-GNU/linux.
- Add more Pages: create more pages, for example: About - Blogs - BoF - Chat - Companies - Connect - Docs - Events - FAQ - Food - Guide - LightningTalks - Links - Lost - Misc - News - People - Pics - Press - Program - Projects - Rooms - Sleep - Streams - Travel - Venue - Videos - Wishes
- Logo: Insert FSC
5a8 ONS logo.
- URLs: Remove "index.php5?title=" from URLs.