NB: This Wiki is community maintained and should NOT be regarded as an official source of information. All confirmed information is located on the FSCONS main website 
Some more pages here:
- People - helpers, organizers, visitors, watchers..
Please, folks, - if you are interested in this event then please add yourself to the People page! Tell us about yourself, and let us know whether you want to visit this event or even better help us manage it. Add a picture, too, so we can recognize you at the event. Let us know whether you have any projects going on and if you want to meet people who want to join you with it. And maybe you want to give a small talk about your project? Let us know!!
Title: Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit 2008 Date: Oct 24-26 2008 (Fri-Sun)
Timeline: * ongoing process - Notification of Speakers * ongoing process - Publication of Program * 2008-10-01 Wed - all Abstracts due * 2008-10-24 Fri - Day1/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-25 Sat - Day2/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-26 Sun - Day3/3 FSCONS * early November - First Meeting for FSCONS 2009
Venue: IT Universitet, Lindholmen, Göteborg, Sweden IT University of Göteborg, SE-412 96 Göteborg Forskningsgången 6, buildings Patricia and Kårhus The closest bus and ferry stop are both called "Lindholmen".
Posters: http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-2A5.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A3.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-4A6.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A3.pdf Send an email to adm[at]fscons.org and we send you prints!
Chat: irc://irc.freenode.org/fscons List: http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/news - for newsletters, too http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/guests - for everyone! :-) http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/speakers - for speakers http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/staff - for orga+volunteers RSS: http://fscons.org/feed/
TODO: which list is for newsletters then? info? news? both?
Mail Roles: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org : for general inquiries mailto:email@example.com : Core Organisational Team (Henrik, Mirko, and Stian) - for organisational inquiries incl. scheduling etc. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org : Advisory Board - cooperation requests, propose speeches and events to this address mailto:email@example.com : Staff, ie Core Team and Volunteers (internal Mailing List) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org : Web Admin for www.fscons.org and wiki.fscons.org
TODO: Whom to contact about these topics?:
* accomodation - see web-page http://fscons.org/accomodation/
October 2008 around FSCONS at Gothenburg: Wed 22 Get ready! Thu 23 Evening: Preparations at the Venue. Fri 24 FSCONS Day 1/3 Developer Workshop (see http://www.ws08.se) Video Streaming Workshop Creative Commons Workshop Evening: Early registration and social event (TODO: Location) Sat 25 FSCONS Day 2/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Presentation of Awards and Dinner Sun 26 FSCONS Day3/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Pub. (Location - Ad-Hoc decision ) Mon 27 Relax. Think. Take Notes. Tue 28/11 Feedback Meeting (TODO: time+place)
The Schedule is available on the page http://www.fscons.org/schedule The schedule is preliminary. Topics are confirmed but times are subject to change. [2008-09-11] There are still eight open slots. Please apply asap!
The three lecture rooms have these names:
* Development * Free Culture * Free Software
* Where are those three rooms (building, floor, room number)? * Add some pictures of those rooms to this wiki. * The location of these events is not given: Award, keynotes, lunch, registrations, and social event. * What other rooms are there for developer meetings?
About: Mission http://fscons.org/about Free Software http://fscons.org/freesoftware Free Culture http://fscons.org/freeculture Free Content http://fscons.org/freecontent Award http://fscons.org/award Organisers http://fscons.org/organisers Contact http://fscons.org/contact
Program: Events http://fscons.org/events/ Schedule http://fscons.org/schedule/ Speakers http://fscons.org/speakers/
Visitors: Visit http://fscons.org/visit/ Register http://fscons.org/registration/ Travel http://fscons.org/travel/ Accomodation http://fscons.org/accomodation/ Venue http://fscons.org/venue/
Volunteers: Volunteering http://fscons.org/volunteering/ Registration http://fscons.org/volunteer/
Press: Press Info http://fscons.org/press/ Accreditation http://fscons.org/accreditation/
Sponsors: Become a Sponsor http://fscons.org/sponsor/ Sponsors of FSCONS http://fscons.org/sponsors/
Community: Related Events http://fscons.org/related-events/ Promote FSCONS http://fscons.org/promote/
Links not in the Main Menu (eg from the sidebar of the homepage):
Nominations: http://fscons.org/award/nominate/ Suggestions: http://fscons.org/proposeevent
A look back on the previous FSCONS:
Webpages http://fscons.org/2007 Videos http://www.fsfe.org/en/advocacy/audio_videos/fscons_2007 Videos http://thepiratebay.org/user/FSCONS
The newsletters which had been sent out:
The organizers come from these groups:
These organizations are represented at the event:
* CCMixter * Debian GNU/Linux * Icelandic Fab Labs * KDE * Magnatune * Midgard * OpenStreetMap * Postgres
- Mirko Lindner mirko[at]creativecommons.se
- Stian Rødven Eide stian[at]fsfeurope.org
Below we have listed some of the tasks that right now FSCONS needs help with.
Tasks before, during, and after the event:
- PR: put up posters. ask for posters at mailto:email@example.com - and we will send them to you!
- PR: add links (digg), blog about FSCONS, speak about FSCONS
- preparations: filling bags with info
Tasks during the event:
- registrations: handing out badges+bags, giving info
- entrance: checking badges
- security: monitor the halls
- Feedback: asking attendees about their view on the conference
- Helpers: coordination of helpers
- IT: help with the network, setting up presentation PCs for speakers
- IT support: help speakers with the setup for the network and their slides
|Day first||Day last||Deadline||Title||City||Country||HomePage|
|10-16 Thu||10-19 Sun||2008-06-01 Sun||EuroBSDCon||Strasbourg||France||eurobsdcon.org|
|02-24 Sat||02-25 Sun||---||FOSDEM 2008||Brussels||Belgium||fosdem.org|
|08-23 Thu||08-24 Fri||2008-06-02 Mon||FrOSCon||Bonn||Germany||froscon.org|
|10-03 Fri||10-04 Sat||2008-07-01 Tue||Open Source Days||Copenhagen||Denmark||opensourcedays.org|
- People: Add all people from the orgsanisation.
- FAQ: Fill the page with questions - and possibly with answers, too.
- Logo: Explain the logo's parts and mention the creator.
- PR: Send press releases to slashdot and pro-GNU/linux.
- Add more Pages: create more pages, for example: About - Blogs - BoF - Chat - Companies - Connect - Docs - Events - FAQ - Food - Guide - LightningTalks - Links - Lost - Misc - News - People - Pics - Press - Program - Projects - Rooms - Sleep - Streams - Travel - Venue - Videos - Wishes
- Logo: Insert FSCONS logo.
- URLs: Remove "index.php5?title=" from URLs.