NB: This Wiki is community maintained and should NOT be regarded as an official source of information. All confirmed information is located on the FSCONS main website 
Some more pages here:
- People - helpers, organizers, visitors, watchers..
Please, folks, - if you are interested in this event then please add yourself to the People page! Tell us about yourself, and let us know whether you want to visit this event or even better help us manage it. Add a picture, too, so we can recognize you at the event. Let us know whether you have any projects going on and if you want to meet people who want to join you with it. And maybe you want to give a small talk about your project? Let us know!!
Title: Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit 2008 Date: Oct 24-26 2008 (Fri-Sun)
Timeline: * 2008-09-15 Mon - Early Bird Registration ends! * ongoing process - Notification of Speakers * ongoing process - Publication of Program * 2008-MM-DD ... - Final papers due * 2008-10-24 Fri - Day1/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-25 Sat - Day2/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-26 Sun - Day3/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-28 Tue - Feedback Meeting * 2008-MM-DD ... - all slides online * 2008-MM-DD ... - Paper Summary online * 2008-MM-DD ... - First Meeting for FSCONS 2009
Venue: IT Universitet, Lindholmen, Göteborg, Sweden IT University of Göteborg, SE-412 96 Göteborg Forskningsgången 6, buildings Patricia and Kårhus The closest bus and ferry stop are both called "Lindholmen".
Posters: http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-2A5.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A3.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-4A6.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A3.pdf Send an email to adm[at]fscons.org and we send you prints!
Chat: irc://irc.freenode.org/fscons List: http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/info RSS: http://fscons.org/feed/
Mail Roles: firstname.lastname@example.org : General Inquiries email@example.com : Organization Board
October 2008 around FSCONS at Gothenburg: Wed 22 Get ready! Thu 23 Evening: Preparations at the Venue. Fri 24 FSCONS Day 1/3 Developer Workshop (see http://www.ws08.se) Video Streaming Workshop Creative Commons Workshop Evening: Early registration and social event (TODO: Location) Sat 25 FSCONS Day 2/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Presentation of Awards and Dinner Sun 26 FSCONS Day3/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Pub. (TODO: Location) Mon 27 Relax. Think. Take Notes. Tue 28 Feedback Meeting (TODO: time+place)
About: Mission http://fscons.org/about Free Software http://fscons.org/freesoftware Free Culture http://fscons.org/freeculture Free Content http://fscons.org/freecontent Award http://fscons.org/award Organisers http://fscons.org/organisers Contact http://fscons.org/contact
Program: Events http://fscons.org/events/ Schedule http://fscons.org/schedule/ Speakers http://fscons.org/speakers/
Visitors: Visit http://fscons.org/visit/ Register http://fscons.org/registration/ Travel http://fscons.org/travel/ Accomodation http://fscons.org/accomodation/ Venue http://fscons.org/venue/
Volunteers: Volunteering http://fscons.org/volunteering/ Registration http://fscons.org/volunteer/
Press: Press Info http://fscons.org/press/ Accreditation http://fscons.org/accreditation/
Sponsors: Become a Sponsor http://fscons.org/sponsor/ Sponsors of FSCONS http://fscons.org/sponsors/
Community: Related Events http://fscons.org/related-events/ Promote FSCONS http://fscons.org/promote/
Links not in the Main Menu (eg from the sidebar of the homepage):
Nominations: http://fscons.org/award/nominate/ Suggestions: http://fscons.org/proposeevent
A look back on the previous FSCONS:
Webpages http://fscons.org/2007 Videos http://www.fsfe.org/en/advocacy/audio_videos/fscons_2007 Videos http://thepiratebay.org/user/FSCONS
The newsletters which had been sent out:
The organizers come from these groups:
* Creative Commons Sweden * FSFE * Wikimedia Sweden
These organizations are represented at the event:
* CCMixter * Debian GNU/Linux * Icelandic Fab Labs * KDE * Magnatune * Midgard * OpenStreetMap * Postgres
FSCONS heavily relies on volunteers to help us out here and there and to make FSCONS a success. The volunteers are coordinated mainly by Mirko and Stian from the Core Team. To get in touch with mirko either go to the people page (wiki.fscons.org/People) or send a mail to mirko [at] creativecommons.se. Below we have listed some of the tasks that right now FSCONS needs help with.
A list of tasks where volunteers can help:
* on-site staff: preparations, registrations, checking badges, monitor the halls and other small tasks * blog about FSCONS * speak about FSCONS * put up posters (tell us and we send them to you) -- send a mail to adm[at]fscons.org * digg us etc
* Feedback: asking attendees about their view on the conference * Helpers: coordination of helpers * IT: help with the network, setting up presentation PCs for speakers * IT support: help speakers with the setup for the network and their slides
* EuroBSDCon http://www.eurobsdcon.org/ * FOSDEM http://www.fosdem.org/ * FROSCON http://www.froscon.org/ * OpenDays http://opensourcedays.org/
- People: Add all people from the orgsanisation.
- FAQ: Fill the page with questions - and possibly with answers, too.
- Logo: Explain the logo's parts and mention the creator.
- PR: Send press releases to slashdot and pro-GNU/linux.
- Add more Pages: create more pages, for example: About - Blogs - BoF - Chat - Companies - Connect - Docs - Events - FAQ - Food - Guide - LightningTalks - Links - Lost - Misc - News - People - Pics - Press - Program - Projects - Rooms - Sleep - Streams - Travel - Venue - Videos - Wishes
- Logo: Insert FSCONS logo.
- URLs: Remove "index.php5?title=" from URLs.