Difference between revisions of "FSCONS 2008"
(→Communication: the "info" list is for input - and "news" list for output (newsletters))
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=:.[http://.], ., .
= About =
= About =
Revision as of 13:27, 16 September 2008
Title: Free Society Conference and Nordic Summit 2008 Date: Oct 24-26 2008 (Fri-Sun)
Timeline: * 2008-09-15 Mon - Early Bird Registration ends! * ongoing process - Notification of Speakers * ongoing process - Publication of Program * 2008-MM-DD ... - Final papers due * 2008-10-24 Fri - Day1/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-25 Sat - Day2/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-26 Sun - Day3/3 FSCONS * 2008-10-28 Tue - Feedback Meeting * 2008-MM-DD ... - all slides online * 2008-MM-DD ... - Paper Summary online * 2008-MM-DD ... - First Meeting for FSCONS 2009
Venue: IT Universitet, Lindholmen, Göteborg, Sweden IT University of Göteborg, SE-412 96 Göteborg Forskningsgången 6, buildings Patricia and Kårhus The closest bus and ferry stop are both called "Lindholmen".
Posters: http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-2A5.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-FS-A3.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-4A6.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A4.pdf http://fscons.org/files/FSCONS-Poster-Black-A3.pdf Send an email to adm[at]fscons.org and we send you prints!
Chat: irc://irc.freenode.org/fscons List: http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/info - for input to FSCONS http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/news - for output from FSCONS - aka newsletters http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/guests - for you and me and everyone! :-) http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/speakers - for orga+speakers only http://mail.fscons.org/mailman/listinfo/staff - for orga+volunteers only RSS: http://fscons.org/feed/
Mail Roles: mailto:email@example.com : Admins aka Core Team (Henrik, Mirko, and Stian) - for general inquiries mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org : Advisory Board - organisations, schedule of Speeches/Talks (Mailing List?) mailto:email@example.com : Staff, ie Core Team and Volunteers (Mailing List) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org : Web Admin for www.fscons.org
TODO: Whom to contact about these topics?:
* accomodation * finances * mailing lists * network * wiki * scheduling
October 2008 around FSCONS at Gothenburg: Wed 22 Get ready! Thu 23 Evening: Preparations at the Venue. Fri 24 FSCONS Day 1/3 Developer Workshop (see http://www.ws08.se) Video Streaming Workshop Creative Commons Workshop Evening: Early registration and social event (TODO: Location) Sat 25 FSCONS Day 2/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Presentation of Awards and Dinner Sun 26 FSCONS Day3/3 (see http://www.fscons.org/schedule) Evening: Pub. (TODO: Location) Mon 27 Relax. Think. Take Notes. Tue 28 Feedback Meeting (TODO: time+place)
The Schedule is available on the page http://www.fscons.org/schedule The schedule is preliminary. Topics are confirmed but times are subject to change. [2008-09-11] There are still eight open slots. Please apply asap!
The three lecture rooms have these names:
* Development * Free Culture * Free Software
* Where are those three rooms (building, floor, room number)? * Add some pictures of those rooms to this wiki. * The location of these events is not given: Award, keynotes, lunch, registrations, and social event. * What other rooms are there for developer meetings?
About: Mission http://fscons.org/about Free Software http://fscons.org/freesoftware Free Culture http://fscons.org/freeculture Free Content http://fscons.org/freecontent Award http://fscons.org/award Organisers http://fscons.org/organisers Contact http://fscons.org/contact
Program: Events http://fscons.org/events/ Schedule http://fscons.org/schedule/ Speakers http://fscons.org/speakers/
Visitors: Visit http://fscons.org/visit/ Register http://fscons.org/registration/ Travel http://fscons.org/travel/ Accomodation http://fscons.org/accomodation/ Venue http://fscons.org/venue/
Volunteers: Volunteering http://fscons.org/volunteering/ Registration http://fscons.org/volunteer/
Press: Press Info http://fscons.org/press/ Accreditation http://fscons.org/accreditation/
Sponsors: Become a Sponsor http://fscons.org/sponsor/ Sponsors of FSCONS http://fscons.org/sponsors/
Community: Related Events http://fscons.org/related-events/ Promote FSCONS http://fscons.org/promote/
Links not in the Main Menu (eg from the sidebar of the homepage):
Nominations: http://fscons.org/award/nominate/ Suggestions: http://fscons.org/proposeevent
A look back on the previous FSCONS:
Webpages http://fscons.org/2007 Videos http://www.fsfe.org/en/advocacy/audio_videos/fscons_2007 Videos http://thepiratebay.org/user/FSCONS
The newsletters which had been sent out:
The organizers come from these groups:
* Creative Commons Sweden * FSFE * Wikimedia Sweden
These organizations are represented at the event:
* CCMixter * Debian GNU/Linux * Icelandic Fab Labs * KDE * Magnatune * Midgard * OpenStreetMap * Postgres
- Mirko Lindner mirko[at]creativecommons.se
- Stian Rødven Eide stian[at]fsfeurope.org
Below we have listed some of the tasks that right now FSCONS needs help with.
Tasks before, during, and after the event:
- PR: put up posters. ask for posters at mailto:email@example.com - and we will send them to you!
- PR: add links (digg), blog about FSCONS, speak about FSCONS
Tasks during the event:
- preparations: filling bags with info
- registrations: handing out badges+bags, giving info
- entrance: checking badges
- security: monitor the halls
- Feedback: asking attendees about their view on the conference
- Helpers: coordination of helpers
- IT: help with the network, setting up presentation PCs for speakers
- IT support: help speakers with the setup for the network and their slides
|Day first||Day last||Deadline||Title||City||Country||HomePage|
|10-16 Thu||10-19 Sun||2008-06-01 Sun||EuroBSDCon||Strasbourg||France||eurobsdcon.org|
|02-24 Sat||02-25 Sun||---||FOSDEM 2008||Brussels||Belgium||fosdem.org|
|08-23 Thu||08-24 Fri||2008-06-02 Mon||FrOSCon||Bonn||Germany||froscon.org|
|10-03 Fri||10-04 Sat||2008-07-01 Tue||Open Source Days||Copenhagen||Denmark||opensourcedays.org|
- People: Add all people from the orgsanisation.
- FAQ: Fill the page with questions - and possibly with answers, too.
- Logo: Explain the logo's parts and mention the creator.
- PR: Send press releases to slashdot and pro-GNU/linux.
- Add more Pages: create more pages, for example: About - Blogs - BoF - Chat - Companies - Connect - Docs - Events - FAQ - Food - Guide - LightningTalks - Links - Lost - Misc - News - People - Pics - Press - Program - Projects - Rooms - Sleep - Streams - Travel - Venue - Videos - Wishes
- Logo: Insert FSCONS logo.
- URLs: Remove "index.php5?title=" from URLs.