Delete users instruction
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You need to be an [[Special:ListUsers&username=&group=sysop&limit=50|Administrator] in order to delete users.
MediaWiki don't support the deletion of user accounts out of the box, but I've added a module called "UserMerge" that will do the trick.
- Open up UserMerge in a fresh tab.
- Open up the list of users in another tab, sort by creation date, and go to "Last" to get the list of most recent user registrations.
- Look for suspiciously looking user names, e.g. "Faac12Fe".
- Open such users pages in a fresh tab in your favorite browser
- Check that there isn't a presentation on that page describing who this really is
- Check this user's contributions (link in toolbox to the left saying "Contributions")
- If no description or contribution is present, copy the user name and click "Block user" (in toolbox to the left)
- On the block user page, choose "Infinite" as expiry for this user
- Check "Other reason" and enter a reason such as "Bot registration" in the textfield
- Keep default checkbox selections and press "Block user"
- Switch to the UserMerge tab and paste in the user name as "Old user"
- Enter "Anonymous" as new user to merge with
- Check "Delete old user"
- Press "Merge user"
- Repeat steps with next user in the user list page